Business Development Support

In addition to our network, I-Construct offers eligible SME members a choice of three free opportunities that will help them work on their business priorities: 

Option 1: Financial Support  

We can help you to access finance and funding via our own grant scheme and can also advise on wider funding that is available.  

We provide grants of between £1,000 and £20,000 to part-fund the development and launch of a new product or service. Your company will be required to provide 70% of the funding for a project, but the remaining 30% will be supported by the grant. This grant does not need to be repaid. 

Eligible projects must focus on innovation within the business or improving digital systems. Grant funding can be used for a wide range of costs including consultancy, software, hardware, and the creation of a new role to manage the project (find out more). Your Client Relationship Manager will guide you through the grant application process and answer any questions you have.

Join our community 

Option 2: Mentoring

Our Industry Experts have director-level experience of working in the construction sector or supply chain and are passionate about using their experience to help SMEs develop and grow (see Meet the Team).

Although all slots for our initial free mentoring package are now allocated, our grant funding (see Financial Support above) can be used for hiring one of these experts as a mentor or consultant. Your purpose for seeking mentoring must be related to making innovative changes within your business and developing and launching new products or services.

We do have free 9-hour packages available with our internal experts. Download our guide to I-Construct mentors to find out more about what they can offer.

"I think the mentorship is priceless really. To have access to people who know the industry and have that much expertise is just so valuable." - Michelle Coates, Dokkit.

Option 3: Market Readiness

In partnership with BRE, the Building Research Establishment. SME’s developing new to the market products and services can access technical and professional expertise to help them to launch, by providing market readiness analysis and introductions to wider industry connections (worth £1,200).

Market Readiness programme

There are no joining or service fees as I-Construct is funded by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).