How could my company benefit from the I-Construct programme?
If companies are either an SME working in or supplying to the construction and built environment sector, or from a different sector and wanting to bring new technologies, products or techniques into the industry, then I-Construct is here to help.
Once we have checked that your company meets our simple eligibility criteria, one of our dedicated facilitator team will work with you as part of a three-hour 1:1 diagnostic process to agree on tailored business support, offer project-specific help, and develop your company's individual support plan.
As part of the I-Construct support plan, all eligible SME companies will become members of the I-Construct Network (worth between £300 and £800) per year depending on company size). Through the network, you will be able to benefit from:
- A webinar and events programme to meet potential new clients and gain practical and industry-specific support from experts in procurement readiness, business strategy, new technology, and market development;
- Profile-raising support and access to the member portal so you can connect with others and gain access to new business opportunities;
- Use of the new I-Construct hub building to launch new products and services;
- Use of a technology suite in the I-Construct hub building, and a webinar and events programme, through which companies can try new software and equipment;
- Advice on where else they can find support outside of the I-Construct project.
I-Construct also offers SMEs a choice of two additional optional routes to work on their business priorities:
Business development support:
Up to 9 hours of free 1:1 business mentoring and advice (worth £1,200) from our Industry Experts, who have director-level experience of working in the construction sector or supply chain and are passionate about using their experience to help SMEs develop and grow. Our Client Relationship Managers will work with you to identify the right mentor or group of experts for you to work with.
As part of our business development support we also offer a market readiness programme in association with BRE (Building Research Enterprise). This is best suited to start-ups in their first year of operation, and established businesses with new to market products or services, either at pre-launch or recently launched stage.
Through I-Construct, there is the opportunity to apply for a grant of between £1,000 and £20,000 to part-fund the development and launch of a new product or service. The company will be required to provide 70% of the funding for a project, but the remaining 30% will be supported through a grant from I-Construct that does not need to be repaid.
Eligible projects must focus on innovation within the business, or improving digital systems. Grant funding can be used for a wide range of costs including consultancy, software, hardware, and the creation of a new role to manage the project. Our Client Relationship Managers will guide you through the grant application process and are here to answer any questions you may have.