Eligibility to take part in the I-Construct project is initially assessed by our team, who will be in touch after you complete our expression of interest form.
What types of companies can apply?
Our members are construction companies and those who provide products and services to construction companies. These include, but are not limited to, companies doing the following:
Contracting and development including:
- Construction of residential, commercial and public buildings; Civil engineering; Development; Modular construction; Preliminary works and site set-up; Groundworks; Demolition; Decommissioning; Mechanical and Electrical Engineering; Plumbing and heating; Plastering; Painting and finishing; Roofing; Scaffolding; Ventilation/air-conditioning; Lifts and escalators; Marine; Landscaping and green spaces.
- Architectural, building and quantity surveying services; Planning and design services; Facilities management; Renovation and repair; Wholesale of construction materials; Wholesale of hardware, plumbing and heating equipment; Renting and leasing of construction and civil engineering equipment, vehicles and machinery; Suspended access equipment; Environmental and health and safety management; Digital solutions (incl. smart buildings and cities); Software for construction and asset management; Waste management; Security.
Manufacture of construction products and materials including:
- Bricks, tiles, cement, concrete products and plaster; Metal structures, doors and windows; Carpentry and joinery; Wiring devices, electrical lighting equipment; Modular components; Steels, panels and insulation.
Wider construction supply chain including:
- Professional services incl. legal, accountancy, consultancy and financial; ICT software and hardware; PR and marketing; Recruitment; Training; Catering.
What eligibility criteria do we have to meet?
Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
I-Construct’s 1:1 support or grant-funding is available for SMEs based in England only. To be classed as an SME you must meet the following criteria:
- Be considered as an enterprise*.
- Employ fewer than 250 people.
- Have either an annual turnover not exceeding 50m Euros, or an annual balance-sheet total not exceeding 43m Euros, as evidenced by last approved annual accounts.
*An enterprise is any entity engaged in an economic activity (the sale of products or services at a given price, in a given/direct market), irrespective of its legal form.
If your aim is to achieve growth, access new markets or achieve process innovation you may be eligible for our 1:1 mentoring scheme (worth £1,200).
Grant support eligibility
To qualify for a grant SMEs must have an innovation project in mind.
If your company is part of the construction and built environment sector (e.g. you are a developer, contractor, subcontractor, manufacturer, or service provider), your project must improve your company’s productivity, capacity, and capability. You must also be able to demonstrate how improving your company through the project will contribute to the sector’s innovation targets (see below).
If your company is part the wider supply chain (e.g. ICT, Marketing or Professional Services), your project must also help your clients in the construction and built environment sector improve their performance, in line with the government’s innovation targets for the sector:
- Reducing the cost of construction and whole life cost of assets.
- Reducing the time taken from inception to completion of a new build.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions in the built environment.
- Reducing the trade gap between total exports and total imports of construction products and materials.
- Adopting digital and/or manufacturing technologies or supplies.
- Adopting more collaborative business models across supply chains.
- Improved safety for construction and operation.
- Improved quality of construction and operation.
- Wider benefit to society from construction and built environment sector.
In addition to the above, to be eligible for a grant worth from £2,001 to £20,000 your project must aim to launch a new product or service, and create a new job.
Leave your details and our team will be in touch to confirm your eligibility.
Pre-start entrepreneurs and students
If you are an entrepreneur, or a further or higher education student who is developing a product for the construction and built environment sector, you are welcome to join the I-Construct network. You may also be able to receive 1:1 support from our innovation competition programme, launching in 2021.
Leave your details to learn more about the I-Construct network and innovation competitions.
Large companies (non-SME)
Is your business willing to support the growth of SMEs and promote innovation in the construction supply chain? Larger companies in the construction and built environment supply chain are welcome to join the I-Construct network.
Leave your details to find out how you can join the I-Construct network.